In a large-scale installation, “traces” of two historic events are simultaneously reconstructed in their original locations: On the basis of the floor plans of the Nazi propaganda exhibition “Der ewige Jude” from 1938, the exhibition installations are redrawn at full scale on the floor of the no-longer-existing station building and “exposed” as a memorial. At the same time, a set of cameras and a railway truck have been recreated in abstract form as a reference to the shooting of the film “The City Without Jews” from 1924. Although the deportation in the film was still fictive, the hate-filled impact of the exhibition demonstrated its fatal concrete results: pogroms, deportations, and mass extermination.
24.9.–2.10., Mon–Sat 3pm–7pm
Guided tour: Tue 28.9., 7pm–9pm
Guided tour of the station complex and the installation and of nearby locations used for forced labor during the Nazi period.
Satellite of the Museum Nordwestbahnhof on the site of the former passenger terminal
20., Nordwestbahnstraße 11 (entrance opposite)
Supported by KÖR Kunst im öffentlichen Raum Wien as well as the Future Fund and National Fund of the Republic of Austria