An open call for Alumni of the University of Applied Arts Vienna: Make your work available for sale during VIENNA DESIGN WEEK at the Angewandte’s pop-up shop at AIL.
SUPERSACHEN – ANGEWANDTE ALUMNI WERKSHOP will take place from 28.9. to 30.9. 2023 at Otto Wagner-Postsparkasse and is a project of ARTist – Alumni Association of the University of Applied Arts Vienna and AI as part of Vienna Design Week. The entire 100% of the proceeds will remain with you (there will be no charge or any other fees percentage etc.).
The AIL with the Café Exchange is a place for exchange, located in the cash hall of the former Postsparkasse. Where once foreign currencies and cash were exchanged, now disciplines are connected and the university with its diverse content is opened to the public. As part of Vienna Design Week, ARTist, the alumni association of the University of Applied Arts and AIL, present selected works that can be purchased. An assortment of crafts, skills, curiosities.
ARTist is looking for:
- large and small objects
- In the value of 1-300 €
- maximum three different products per person (please specify the possible edition/sales quantity)
- Object categories open: (e.g. print, textile, objects, publications, jewelry, furniture...) or surprise us!
- No services
Please send all details and desired documents by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Edda Thürriedl, Eva Weber)
- 1 PDF (max. 10 MB)
- including link to portfolio or similar relevant links
- 1–3 images of the products
- short description of you, your work and the products (+ context of production)
- max. 1000 characters
- please name year of graduation and department
- Please apply only if the schedule below is feasible for you.
Deadline Open Call:
August 21, 2023
28.8. Jury meeting & announcement of selection by early September
Delivery works Mon / Tue: 25. and 26.9.
Packing and pick up works Tue, 3.10.
29.9. 10:00-18:00 with Cocktail till 21:00
(we will cover the opening hours and sale with staff, but we would like you to be present, for the opening and closing).
This pop-up store will act as a pilot during Vienna Design Week. A long-term perspective and planning is envisioned for the project: the store could be repeated on appropriate occasion; or it could also become permanent in the cashier hall of the AIL.